Monday, November 4, 2013

More one stroke flowers

This weekend was pretty relaxing for me. We picked up some car seats for the twinsies Saturday morning and I spent the afternoon doing nothing! It was so nice. I had time to sit and do my nails and I decided that since it had been so long since I tried one stroke flowers, I would try again. Only one really turned out like what the pictures on the internet show, but that's ok. The rest turned out alright. I needed a smaller angled brush and I tried using a smaller straight brush, but neither worked that well. Guess I'll have to try to look up more nail art brushes one of these days!




The picture above is the one that looked more like how I wanted it to, and for some reason I was able to do it with my left hand!! Odd... but it's what I was trying for.



I was trying for the look like the one that actually turned out, but for some reason, I just couldn't get it to work right. Like I said, it could have just been that I needed a better, smaller brush. I would rinse it off in nail polish remover after almost every flower. I'm sure that is the wrong thing to do because the brush would get really stiff and would just smear colors instead of painting them on nicely. Oh well, maybe the next time I try they will look better. Oh I used Sally Hanson- Champagne Toast as the base (two coats) and the flowers were done in elf- Red-y or Not and Sally Hanson - White On. I can't remember what the leaves are... Sinful Colors - something... 

2 comments:

  1. lovely! i love the one stroke effect, its so effective, and looks pretty realistic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I still can't quite get it to work the way I want, but practice, practice, practice!

    ReplyDelete