Thursday, February 28, 2013

Spring Flowers

I decided it was time to do something a little more springy. So, no gray nails! I've seen ideas where people use white as a base coat and I've always wanted to try it. This is a creamier white so I think that helps. I don't think I would do a really white base coat.



I really like how it turned out. For the flowers I just kinda did some random dots with red and added a light pink over the top to tone it down a little then added some white lines and swirls. There is also a few gray dots (and I said there was no gray, oops!) I had a light blue for some dots, but they didn't show up very well so I layered a darker turquoise color over it. And of course, there are a few leaves scattered around. I could have done a little more detailing on the blue flowers, but it was getting late. I'm sooooooooo happy that I found some Seche Vite top coat. My nails are dry so fast! I used to use clear polish for a top coat and that would take FOREVER to dry and since I do my nails at night I would have to stay up even later to make sure they were dry enough so I could go to bed!



The cleanup is better this time too! And I'm so happy my nails are short again!


KH

1 comment:

  1. i love this its so pretty, i really like the base colour, its so fresh1 as for the flowers, theyre also really well created, the colours go together reallly well, gah, i love this!x

    galorious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete